The MiFriendly Cities project, backed by the West Midlands Combined Authority will see Coventry, Birmingham and Wolverhampton roll out a three-year programme of activities designed to help refugees and migrants feel that their contribution to society and the economy is valued; specifically looking to develop innovative, community-led and sustainable approaches to enhancing contributions of refugees and migrants across the region.
Urban Innovative Actions is an Initiative of the European Union that provides urban areas throughout Europe with resources to test new and unproven solutions to address urban challenges.
By bringing together 11 partner organisations, the project will deliver an exciting programme of activities designed to create opportunities.
Working together with local businesses, government and voluntary organisations, we hope to see citizens across the community build a MiFriendly region together.
We aim to…
- Develop an innovative approach to migration that can be adopted by cities across Europe
- Build partnerships between local citizens, civil society, industry and government
- Strengthen the social and economic fabric of the West Midlands.
We want to…
- Create a region built upon a spirit of solidarity
- Empower citizens to take the lead in unlocking their city’s assets
- Inspire people across the West Midlands – migrant or not – to want to live and belong in a MiFriendly City.
MiFriendly Cities Project is split into 5 different areas:
- MiFriendly Jobs
- MiFriendly Skills
- MiFriendly Start-ups and Innovative Ideas
- MiFriendly Citizens and Voices
- MiFriendly Futures